Weekend Recipe: Mini Chimichangas
I love, heart, ADORE Nacho Mama’s chimichangas! I had one order of minis and could not get enough! That of course sent me on a hunt to find a recipe for these delicious Pringle-like meal (because I’m saying, once you pop…for real though!) This weekend recipe comes from the Best Holiday Recipes 2010 magazine. I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but from what I see it looks good! Let me know if you get to do it before I do!
What you need:
1 pound ground beef 1 Can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
1 Medium Onion, chopped 1 pkg. (1 lb) egg roll wrappers (14 ct.)
1 envelop taco seasoning 1 egg white, lightly beaten
3/4 cups water 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream Oil for deep-fat frying, salsa and additional sour cream
1) In a large skillet, cook beef, and onion, over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to boil.
2) Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
3) In a large bowl, combine cheese, sour cream, and chilies. Stir in beef mixture. Place an egg roll wrapper on work surface with one point facing you. Place 1/3 cup filling in center. Fold bottom third or wrapper over filling; fold in sides.
4) Brush top point with egg white; roll up to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. (Keep remaining egg roll wrappers covered with wax paper to avoid drying out )
5) In a large saucepan, heat 1 in. of oil to 375 degrees. Fry the chimichangas for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6) Serve warm with salsa and sour cream.
Holla back! Smooches!